I was decked out for Christmas dance at Palm Springs High at the aerial tramway.
Leisure suit – check
My date – Linda Rodas (we slow danced to Colour My World by Chicago)
I only had my learner’s permit so my Dad had to drive. I was 15.
The final night of my residency at City Winery Nashville is this Wednesday. It’s been fun doing this hang. The sound is stellar. The shows are wack!
My special guest this week is the great Grant-Lee Phillips. We have a fun lil chemistry together.
I have a feeling other special guests will also be showing up. I just have a weird feeling.
Come to Nashville. See me hear me feel me touch me.
I’m in Fairhope Alabama right now. This is where I’ll be playing a show in about an hour. It sure is pretty here. Spanish moss makes me feel kind of peaceful.
I hope to see you in Nashville this coming Wednesday Aug 24.
It’s the final night of my residency at City Winery Nashville. Upstairs lounge.
Do you guys like burritos?
Is anyone out there watching The Night Of? There are only 2 episodes left. What’s gonna happen?
Have fun out there. Remember to shower. People like it when you smell nice.
I’m headed to Tallahassee.
It’s going to be scintillating.
It’s a house concert tonight.
That means I’m playing in someone’s house.
A stranger is letting me into her house to play a show. Stranger danger!
I think it will be fun unless it’s a trick and they’re zombies and they start eating my flesh.
If I remain alive and not buried under their floorboards then on Saturday I’ll play another house show. The Saturday show will be in Fairhope Alabama. Alabama??? Yep. Cool huh? Right on the water!
I’ve never met the people in Fairhope either. What if they’re vampires? They may suck out all of my blood.
This may be the last time I ever post a message. If so, then just remember that I hid Jimmy Hoffa’s body in the trunk of a Camaro with California plates in long term parking at O’Hare.
Steven Joseph Joshua Poltz
I’ve been alive for a long time.
Here are some things I’ve learned-
1. It’s ok to pee in your pants.
2. The more I think I know, the more I’m surprised at how much I don’t know.
3. There are certain songs that Rickie Lee Jones sings that slay me. Her voice and her lyrics and phrasing. LOVE.
4. Just when I think I’m gaining traction in the music biz and succeeding-only a small handful of people will show up to my show.
5. Sometimes the shows with low attendance are the ones that are the koo koo kookiest.
6. If I forget to bring extra strings to a gig then that’ll be the show where I break 3.
7. I can still play a show with only 3 strings. It won’t sound as good but I’ll make some shit up.
8. Just when I feel like I want to quit the music biz something good will happen.
9. I don’t need very many possessions. The less keys I own, the less headaches I have.
10. Having good friends makes me feel fulfilled.
11. Megan Palmer has been through a lot of pain and struggle with breast cancer and she still has a positive attitude. This inspires me. I love it when my friends inspire me.
12. If you pee in your pants you should wash them.
Tomorrow eve on Aug 17 I play City Winery Nashville upstairs lounge at 7pm.
Megan Palmer is my special guest.
Tomorrow night. NASHVILLE!
City Winery Nashville
7pm. Yes, 7pm.
My special guest is the lovely Megan Palmer.
I can’t wait to see you.
Comatopia was transcendent. People were crunchy and smiley faced. A nice person made me some coffee. People sang like birdy angel friendly zombies. I saw two people slow dance under shooting stars. Phones and Internet didn’t really work and that seemed to entice people to mingle in their conversations. Niceyville.
I talked and sang with lovely bands that I want to build bridges with. Some of these people of interest are known as The Little Fuller Band and Quiles & Cloud and Royal Jelly Jive.
The Brothers Comatose and Fruition are super keen people that I also adore. Like I adore them and want to sit in a hot tub with them even though hot tubs gross me out.
I play City Winery Nashville this Wednesday. Upstairs lounge. 7pm. Yes, 7pm.
The lovely Megan Palmer is my special guest.
Steven Joseph Joshua Poltz
P.S. It was a thrill to meet so many new friends this past weekend. I feel very lucky to be alive at this time in my journey.
Break Everything Incorporated.
My new super PAC
Go facking nuts.
Nashville City Winery.
Doors at 8. I play at 9.
When I say doors at 8 I don’t mean The Doors. They play after me. Beatles go on first.
Photo by Candace Shaw
I’m back in The USA and playing a show in Nashville tonight. Hope you’re able to swing by.
I have a special guest! The most excellent Brandy Zdan.
City Winery upstairs lounge.
7pm. Wednesday – Aug 10 – in the year 2016.
I’m also in the same venue Aug 17 AND 24.
This amazing gal was knitting this beautiful cap side stage during my wharf stage set at Lunenburg Folk Harbour Festival. I made up a song about her and her knitting prowess and then after the show she gave me the cap! #blownaway #randomactsofkindness #lunenburg #lunenburgfolkharbourfestival #knitting